Friday, August 2, 2013

Mini-Haul!

So I've recently been spoiled to a mini-haul, and I'm excited to show my items to you guys! Sure, it's nothing groundbreaking, but you might avoid a couple disappointments with this, so i encourage you to read on :)

The first thing, of first TWO things I got were this adorable OPI nail polishes.


Berlin There Done That (Left), Thanks a Windmillion (Right)

And may I say LOVE. So far I've only tried Berlin There Done That, which is a beautiful gray-taupe, but I'm really looking forward to trying Thanks a Windmillion. I feel like Thanks a Windmillion will be perfect for the transition from summer to fall with it's pretty gray-blueness. Yes, I just said that. Anyway, the color was a little streaky, but nothing noticeable unless you're looking for it. I'd give it a 4.5/5.

Next I got two shampoos: Bed Head TIGI Urban Anti-Dotes Shampoo in Number 1 (that's a mouthful) and Matrix Biolace Normalizing Shampoo.
With the Bed Head Urban Anti-Dotes there's 3 levels: the lower the number, the lower the strength I guess you could say. Here's how the site describes each:

One: Re-Energizing shampoo for a daily pick-me-up
Two: Recovery Shampoo for a Moisture Hit
Three: Resurrection shampoo for a powerful intervention

So since I just got these today, I was only able to use one, and I used the Bed Head. The first thing I noticed when opening the bottle (besides the adorable vibrant packaging) was the smell. OHMIGOSH. Green apples galore! It was amazing! I was kind of sad when I had to close the bottle. My hair is naturally shiny, but I did notice a nice boost when I combed it out.  It did what it said it would, and it did it well. I love this shampoo :)

The last thing that I got was a book *SQUEAL*. It's been awhile since I've gotten a new book, the last being Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (highly reccommened by the way). Anyway, this new book is called Ink, a book by Anna Sun.




I got it on my Kindle for about $10, and I'm a little more than half way through it. It's 384 pages long, but sometimes I feel like it's longer than it should be. As in, I could've been done with it already and be satsified. Another thing I love is the COVER. I mean, look at it! Gorgeous! And throughout the book, there's actually ink sketches to go along with whatever is being drawn.

Now I don't want to do a full out review until I'm done, otherwise it would be an injustice to the book and the reader. I'll probably be done in a day, and when that happens, I'll be sure to post a review. Make sure to check it out though, because so far I'm loving it!

What I'm Listening To: Shake Me Down // Cage the Elephant

Biggest Physical Fear: Star fish. And Flies.

Favorite Fashion Trend: Lace Little Black Dresses. Add a pair of nude heels and red lipstick, and BOOM. Insta glamour.


No comments:

Post a Comment